OFC
@ofc

Rise of the Indies

microverses
microverses
@ofc
17 years ago
0 posts
Not afraid here to say I can't stand very much music I hear on the radio or TV. I can't even remember the 'latest' CD I purchased.....it's been years, maybe even double digit years!

I've found more great music by indie artists than what the record execs say is cool and publish, no fault of the artists - some are great, most are merely hollow products.

What do you see in the future for indie artists? Is there going to be a revolution and the indie sites will amass actu8al good talent together and push forward as the new standard where 'indie' no longer means 'sub-standard'?

How do we as a collective make that push and how do we keep it real and not a mirror image of the current major musc scene?
updated by @ofc: 08/05/13 09:46:03PM
The Doctor
The Doctor
@misterh-and-the-old-school
17 years ago
0 posts
The industry today is in obvious chaos. Artists are not happy with labels. Labels are happy with listeners. Listeners are not happy with labels.

Labels need to come up with a better marketing plan and fast. I must say, they dug their own grave. Never developing artists and putting out crap artists that sounded like another labels main money maker.

I think you will see indie artists get more and more popular and then picked up by labels. Pretty much in the way Linkin Park did.
updated by @misterh-and-the-old-school: 08/05/13 09:46:03PM

Tags

Dislike 0