PYRAMIS
PYRAMIS
@pyramis

iMusicScene: Home for the orphans from Mixposure !

PYRAMIS
PYRAMIS
@pyramis
17 years ago
0 posts
So how many of you old Mixpo members like the feel and vibe of this site ?
I think it is better that Mixposure,because there is less negativity and bullshit
going on behind your back than there was on Mixpo.....that site thrived on nepotism,negativity,
and back-stabbing.
Let's keep those type of assholes from gaining a foot-hold here !!!!!!!!!!!
Peace,
Tsargoth
updated by @pyramis: 08/29/20 12:07:17PM
Test999
Test999
@test999
17 years ago
0 posts
Glad you like the site and hopefully it remains positive around here :)
updated by @test999: 08/05/13 09:46:42PM
PYRAMIS
PYRAMIS
@pyramis
17 years ago
0 posts
It will as long as people help and support each other in the ongoing pursuit of becoming better all round musicians.The problem with a lot of solo artists is that they are solo artists because no one else could put up with them in a real playing enviroment because of some thing intangible that keeps them from being able to join in the give and take necessary to be a part of any successful band. Usually,it comes down to ego. Unfortunately,some,(not all by any means),some people's egos are so out if whack that they see every other artist as being inferior to them,and then we get the problem of people giving other artists low ratings to make themselves appear better.Rapster is upset about this very thing right now,and I must agree with him on it.
Also,there is a way around disabling the ratings system.
On some of the site themes,(Cobalt especially),when you join as a friend,the others who have already joined appear in a rating box at the top of the page,so even if you have the ratings disabled on your page,someone can still low-rate you when you appear in this box.
Don't know if that's a bug or not,just the way it is.
I personally would rather see the ratings done away with entirely,and let the music speak for itself.
Peace,
Tsargoth
updated by @pyramis: 08/05/13 09:46:42PM
Test999
Test999
@test999
17 years ago
0 posts
Funny since I consider myself a solo artist because I do not play out. I do this as a hobby and playing with other people across the internet just enhances the experience. This is not a competition for me personally. The odds of me making a career in music are equal to winning the lottery. Neither is very probable.

The ratings stuff I could give a toss about. I personally have never listened to any critic, be it movies, books or music so the ratings mean nothing. I guess I always wondered this when it came to ratings. It is just someone's opinion. Maybe our music was not their cup of tea and a 2 rating was really what they felt. It does not make it right or wrong. If you had me listen to Avril Lavigne, she would be lucky to get a 2 from me hehe.

Anyway, ratings are entirely up to the artists. Some like it, some do not. I have only had a few people say they did not like it. I am not sure where you are seeing the Ratings unless it is for Members. "Members" can not upload songs only "Artists" can.

If you want to send me a PM, I will look and see what you are referring to.
updated by @test999: 08/05/13 09:46:42PM
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
17 years ago
48 posts
ok I just put a fix in for the fans being able to be rated. should be fixed now. I hope lol.
updated by @dazed: 08/05/13 09:46:42PM
PYRAMIS
PYRAMIS
@pyramis
17 years ago
0 posts
I checked it out. You have definitely solved that glitch.
Thanks for being a hands on administrator.
You've got a job I wouldn't have,and are doing it in an admirable fashion.
Again,thanks for being so responsive.The other sites I've been on took an
act of god to get any type of response from administration.
Peace,
Tsargoth
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
17 years ago
48 posts
no problem Tsargoth. sometimes the fixes are easy and other times it may take some time. Eventually we will fix it or just delete the offending code lol.
Ab1
Ab1
@ab1
17 years ago
0 posts
wow.. sorry I'm late to the party.. T.. I wholeheartedly agree.. D you are the b est I''ve seen at responding immediately to your members queries and requests.. thank you.. listen though.. I agree about ratings but just because we don't care doesn't mean we should let people be malicious.. maybe the next comes by your page and sees you're a fan of avril lavigne and won't give you a listen.. lol.. ya know? if you're rated a 2 maybe i just keep moving.. whatever.. it's all self promo and nobody wants a 2 by their name.. better nothing and let the music speak for itself.. so i guess i better change the rapster name so some of the old GW guard will give my guitar playin a chance lol.. knocked on quite few doors but no one answered.. lol.. whatever.. T man.. you guys are awesome whether anybody listens or not.. just because they ignore us doesn't mean we ain't smokin.. keep puttin on the heat.. BTW.. the new layout looks
great dazed.. and seriously.. I don't listen to avril either.. lol.. cheers.. :-)
updated by @ab1: 08/05/13 09:46:42PM
Admin
Admin
@gotham-steel
17 years ago
128 posts
Yeah, so far so good. I am having a little bit of trouble getting used to where to click for what, but I am getting there. So far the reviewers and other musicians have been more than kind to me. And open-minded, which is pretty necessary for my style.

I am happy to see many old and new friends here, and agree with Tsargoth that the vibe is primarily positive with less drama and negativity.

The site is friendly, well-maintained, and *up all night* :)

--Z
updated by @gotham-steel: 08/05/13 09:46:42PM
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
17 years ago
48 posts
man I probably just pissed a lot of people off who were just getting used to where everything was. Sorry about that. I just think this makes the site look a lot less cluttered. All the other features are there or are close to getting there lol.
PYRAMIS
PYRAMIS
@pyramis
17 years ago
0 posts
Well,it certainly keeps things interesting.Just when we think we've figured this site out,you change the whole thing around.Good way to tell who's smoking the good stuff and who is smoking seeds and stems!!!
When I first opened this page up last night,I wasn't even sure it was the right site.I was checking the address bar in my browser to see if someone was effing with me.
I see the potential in the new layout,but must admit I liked the other one better...probably because I knew where everything was.
Did you talk to my wife???
She's always "straightening up" behind me,and once she does I can't find anything!
....lol.
Dazed
Dazed
@dazed
17 years ago
48 posts
hehe sorry guys. It was something I wanted to do for some time but just did not have the time to really do it. For the most part, all old features are there albeit a bit hidden.

I personnaly am really enjoying the artist page them though!
PYRAMIS
PYRAMIS
@pyramis
17 years ago
0 posts
Ok,ok,I surrender to the new regime !!!
I could see the potential in this new layout,and I have to admit that it is better
than the old one,(probably helps that I am temporarily out of herb at the moment too !).
I'm starting to find my way around on it,and the features that you added back to the home page are making it feel more familiar.
Good work man.Still have to say that you are the best site administrator ever !!!!
Peace,
Tsargoth

Tags

Dislike 0